AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Youtube In-Search - keywords use match types or are simple broad ?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

After some back and forward about how keywords are used in Youtube In-Search campaigns, I am unsure as to if keywords can be used with match types like phrase or exact or if they behave only as the match type "simple broad" . 

Can someone point me to a certainty in this matter ?

I am sure that for Youtube In-Display campaigns, keyword targeting works by granting keywords the match type of "simple broad" no matter how we write the words, but for In-Search keywords behave differently ?

I tried diggining the internet for this but there are very few resources and I have found none to explain this problem of match types for In-Search youtube campaigns.

Thank you.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Youtube In-Search - keywords use match types or are simple broad ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

You are correct that not much documentation about "YouTube In search". This   could be because this advertising format is not as popular since the integration of YouTube  search rjhgfdsxytrA84-09esults into the google.com SERP.
Assuming nothing has changed, all keywords on the display are broad match. The reasons go to the early days of "promoted video"  (later renamed as YouTube in Search).

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

But why is the user aerotape claiming in his message 7 from this thread that match types can be used for "TrueView in-search ads" ( which appear in the YouTube search results)   ? The idea is also expressed by user pilgrim411 at message 6...

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics/Does-Adwords-for-Video-Accept-Keyword-Matc...

Could it be true that match types can be used for these types of Ads (TrueView in-search ) ?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi,

Is this an unsolved case?

I do have the same kinda issue - my youtube in-search ads never show up on the right searches but those irrelevant ads pop out all the time.

The resources is quite limited as well during my research. It looks like some experts in this forum got nothing to share when some really great questions being asked.

Thanks,
Jason

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager
This 2014 thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.