Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Youtube Channels as Managed Placements?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If I create a targeting group that only targets certain Channels on Youtube for instream ads, does this mean that my instream ad will appear on all videos of that channel, or does it mean my ad will only appear when the viewer is on the actual Channel Page?  I am wondering if I need to target both the channel page and particular videos on the channel for placement or if targeting the Channel will enable my ad to be placed on all videos on the channel.

Thanks for your assistance.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nate J
September 2015

Re: Youtube Channels as Managed Placements?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again Nate;

I am not quite sure I fully understood your question;

How can I watch a  video of a specific channel, without being present on the channel? Once I click on the video I am directed to the channel. Even if the video is "embedded" in another webpage, it is still linked to a channel.

So, once you target the a specific channel as a placement your ad should be shown (if wins) on all videos of this channel.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
You could target either a whole channel or a specific video;
Check this discussion for a full explanation
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Members-lounge/How-do-I-target-one-specific-video-on-the-you...
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the reply, Moshe. In your reply you state I could target the whole channel. I want to make sure I understand what that means. My intention is to add only youtube channel placements to one of my targeting groups, not individual videos. When I do this does this mean my ad is eligible to appear on any video of the channel regardless if the user is on either the Channel Page or the Watch page? Or does it mean my ad is eligible to appear only when the user is on the Channel page? It sounds like you're saying the former is true.  I just want to be sure I understand.

Thanks for your assistance

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nate J
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again Nate;

I am not quite sure I fully understood your question;

How can I watch a  video of a specific channel, without being present on the channel? Once I click on the video I am directed to the channel. Even if the video is "embedded" in another webpage, it is still linked to a channel.

So, once you target the a specific channel as a placement your ad should be shown (if wins) on all videos of this channel.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Moshe, that's what I needed to know.

Youtube Channels as Managed Placements?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

tried to access link but it states that I dont have sufficient privileges to see the page. Any idea how I can read this link: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/hide-Members-Lounge/How-do-I-target-one-specific-video-on-...

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.