3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Youtube Ad specs

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been struggling to find any sort of simple straight forward ad specs with regard to youtube/google preferred/bumper ads/etc. Does a sheet exist anywhere that just lays it all out? All I have are two pages

1. https://support.google.com/displayspecs/answer/6055025?hl=en

2. https://support.google.com/displayspecs/answer/6244563?hl=en&ref_topic=6244532

Is 2 also true view or google preferred? Such confusion, much wow.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Youtube Ad specs

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Cameron,

I just happen to write an article for Google Partners yesterday that presents the Ad Format Gallery by Google, which is a fairly new/unknown resource that breaks down the different ads. I think it will provide some help to you. 

Kind Regards,

James

Youtube Ad specs

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi James,

Really cool thanks for sharing. It's still not quite as in depth as would be ideal (i.e things such as file size) and doesn't really clarify google preferred things vs trueview question but a really awesome resource.

Youtube Ad specs

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Bump / additional question, is google preferred exclusively unskippable or are the 30s videos now skippable?

Re: Youtube Ad specs

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Cameron,

30 second YouTube video ads are becoming skippable... with video ads shorter than 30 seconds be able to be made unskippable. 

"As part of that, we’ve decided to stop supporting 30-second unskippable ads as of 2018 and focus instead on formats that work well for both users and advertisers," said a Google spokesman.

The newest format that is doing well for many is bumper ads that are precisely six seconds long, which are not skippable. 

Bumper ads are a short video ad format, designed to allow you to reach more customers and increase awareness about your brand by using a short, memorable message. With videos of just 6 seconds or less, bumper ads let you reach people with bite-sized messages, while providing a minimal impact on their viewing experience. You can create bumper video campaigns in AdWords using the “Video” campaign type.

All the Best,

James