AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Your click-to-download ad isn't supported by the mobile device that requested it

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am doing some tests on mobile app advertising to learn how to promote app properly and I found this problem with my app.

Campaign: Search Network Only - App install

Bid: manual PCP

Problem: on single keyword I am told the ad is not showing because "Your click-to-download ad isn't supported by the mobile device that requested it"

Ad: I haven't uploaded a video but the preview for mobile devices looks alright, I don't see a desktop preview anywhere (I did not specify or escluded devices) and the url points the google play page of the app.

Anybody has a clue of what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Thanks in advance

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Your click-to-download ad isn't supported by the mobile device that requested it

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi there,

Thanks for posting to the Community. Are you seeing this error message in the Ad Preview Tool? If so, then it is likely because you need to select a different device type to "test" with. For example, if you're advertising an Android app, you'll need to make sure you select Android on the left, as in this screenshot:

Screen Shot 2016-08-15 at 4.06.55 PM.png

Let me know if you still need help after checking this,

Cassie

Re: Your click-to-download ad isn't supported by the mobile device that requested it

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The device is properly set. I don't really know why that message is showing

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager

Hi there,

Thanks for checking the device section that I mentioned. However, I'm not able to troubleshoot any further without more info from you. Can you please upload a screenshot of your set-up on the Ad Preview Tool so that I can take a look? Please make sure not to include any personal info like your email address or customer ID number in the screenshot.

Alternately, you can get in touch with the AdWords team via phone/email/chat and they can pull up your account and take a look.

Cassie

Your click-to-download ad isn't supported by the mobile device that requested it

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had a similar problem, and Cassie is on the right track. 

From the Keywords tab, go to Details and Keyword Diagnosis. From there, you can set the device parameters that the pop-up message uses to evaluate your ads. Make sure the location and device is set to match the targets of your ads and hit run. You'll see the messages below change accordingly.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks a ton, this was helpful, it told me that the adrank is low..i'll need to optimize my bids and improve quality score.