AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Your campaign budget doesn't enable additional spending today.

DW
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
DW
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have just set up brand new campaing with a few keywords. My ad has not been shows even once yet and when I hoover over any of the keywords, I get this message. Any idea why is that?

'Your campaign budget doesn't enable additional spending today.'

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

You may have auto bidding but you will need to set a dail...

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
You may have auto bidding but you will need to set a daily budget yourself. Select a campaign and go to the SETTINGS tab and locate the budget section and see what you have set for the budget.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Billing information

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi DW,

Ok.  Let's take a step back for a minute.

You just started this campaign today.  Do you have verified billing information entered into your account?  The promo vouchers will credit your account only after you have entered proper billing information first.

If that all checks out, I would say that you may still have some problems within your settings.

If this is really your first go with Adwords, I would suggest that you take some time to read up on Adwords so you can fully understand and have real expectations of what to expect and also to gain a better understanding of how to properly set up your campaign for success.

Couple of great Wiki articles written by Top Contributors that may assist you - before you begin.

Where to start - Before you begin

Expectations & Goals Using AdWords

There are numerous articles posted here and elsewhere on the web that can help you develop a plan and also guide you in setting up your campaign in line with you goals.  Its very important to learn before you spend. 

Keep asking questions as they come up...there are many great folks here who are willing to help!

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Budget net or exceeded?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi DW, Do you have a realistic budget set on this campaign? Are your bids in this new campaign close to the budget amount, you may need to lower them or increase your daily budget? How long ago was this campaign set up? I would definitely double check your campaign settings and bidding to see if there are any problems first. -Tom
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Thanks for your response.   This is my first every campai...

DW
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
DW
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your response.

This is my first every campaing and i used the voucher to fund it too. All setting have been set to be decided automaticaly by google. Will try to play with few to see if it changes anything.

Whatever I do doesn't help. I set daily limit to £10, got...

DW
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
DW
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Whatever I do doesn't help. I set daily limit to £10, got £55 to be used. I set max limit for each bid £0.70, what am I doing wrong?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

You may have auto bidding but you will need to set a dail...

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
You may have auto bidding but you will need to set a daily budget yourself. Select a campaign and go to the SETTINGS tab and locate the budget section and see what you have set for the budget.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

oops you were posting at the same time I was writing my r...

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
oops you were posting at the same time I was writing my response. If you just upped the budget to 10 then you may need to give it a little time - maybe check back in an hour.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Billing information

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi DW,

Ok.  Let's take a step back for a minute.

You just started this campaign today.  Do you have verified billing information entered into your account?  The promo vouchers will credit your account only after you have entered proper billing information first.

If that all checks out, I would say that you may still have some problems within your settings.

If this is really your first go with Adwords, I would suggest that you take some time to read up on Adwords so you can fully understand and have real expectations of what to expect and also to gain a better understanding of how to properly set up your campaign for success.

Couple of great Wiki articles written by Top Contributors that may assist you - before you begin.

Where to start - Before you begin

Expectations & Goals Using AdWords

There are numerous articles posted here and elsewhere on the web that can help you develop a plan and also guide you in setting up your campaign in line with you goals.  Its very important to learn before you spend. 

Keep asking questions as they come up...there are many great folks here who are willing to help!

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Thanks Tom   That is very helpful. I have got the billing...

DW
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
DW
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Tom

That is very helpful. I have got the billing information there and all the rest. Where I was asked if i wanted to set things manually I chose for auto settings. all was good and after few minutes it changed to this message I posted above.

I will read those articles and maybe after few hours things will go back to normal.

Keep us posted

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi DW,

Kim could be right on the mark here as well...You could be all set in just a little time with your budget adjustment.

Keep us posted here on your progress and please ask any questions you may have. 

Good Luck!

-Tom