Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Wrong timezone

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I have set up wrong timezone in my account by mistake how can change it?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Wrong timezone

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Oweson,

Welcome to Adwords Community! 

You need to request Google Adwords in order to change time zone. Please see for details in Google Help Center.

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric (Google Employee)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

According to AdWords Help Center:

Select your account time zone and currency

When you create your account, you'll be asked to choose your time zone and currency. You won't be able to change these settings after you choose them because they're used to determine how you're billed.

Choosing your account time zone

Your reports, statistics, and billing are all affected by the time zone you select. For example, settings such as your daily budget run on a 24-hour schedule. We recommend you choose your local time zone so your budget cycle ends when your day ends.

In the event you set your account time zone in error, account time zones may be changed up to one time over the life of an account. To request such a change, please Request to change time zone

REMINDER:

We can only reset your time zone once
, so please choose your new time zone carefully. If your time zone has already been reset at your request, we will not be able to change it again.

Reference: Select Time Zone

More Power,
Loraine

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello Oweson;

This is a tough one... Smiley Happy

The time zone is set  once, and cannot be changed ( The logic behind that is that changing the clock, would "mess" all data synchronization among google servers).

Contact Customer service. They will be kind to change it for you .(But only once, so think ahead about the time zone, that fits your needs - based on your location, and your campaigns )

My suggestion: pick the time zone for your location. (Where you are physically located) - even if you run campaigns for different time zones.

-Moshe

[edited]: Oh ...you got 3 answers within minutes....all are helpful....

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
It feels great when someone receive more then one answer in just few minutes! Smiley Happy

Impressive community! Smiley Wink
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Indeed, Neha, this is quite something!

E

Yes, I work at Google. I want all AdWords Advertisers to be happy and prosperous

Wrong timezone

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello please I need help. Now whats the idea to set your local time zone lets say pakistan time zone while you wish to advertise in the USA. Meaning your Ad goes Live when people are at sleep in the united states and goes off when they arre up. So whats the idea of using your local timezone in that case please "Moshe" can ypu hep

Wrong timezone

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Desmond,

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thanks

Neha

Wrong timezone

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hello oweson,

Please tell me how much time google adwords take to change the timezone.

i have requested on friday still waiting for them to change the timezone.

i will be waiting for your response. 

Wrong timezone

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hello Neha,

Please tell me how much time google adwords take to change the timezone.

i have requested on friday still waiting for them to change the timezone.

i will be waiting for your response.