1.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Wrong results in Keyword planner

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm checking Switzerland and German market, UK market, South Eastern countries in EU...I guess my defined broad search will give me wrong decision based on Keyword Planner.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Wrong results in Keyword planner

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Matjaz,

Welcome to the Adwords CommunitySmiley Happy

The New Keyword Planner is only showing the Search Statistics of Exact Match type keywords.

And in old keyword tool gave the Search Statistics that includes All searches such as SEO and SEM.
But now the new keyword planners gives only SEM(Google Adwords Search Traffic Data).

So i hope that's the reasons that you are facing the problems.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Matjaz,

Welcome to the Adwords CommunitySmiley Happy

The New Keyword Planner is only showing the Search Statistics of Exact Match type keywords.

And in old keyword tool gave the Search Statistics that includes All searches such as SEO and SEM.
But now the new keyword planners gives only SEM(Google Adwords Search Traffic Data).

So i hope that's the reasons that you are facing the problems.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I see the difference. Issue is with the broad match. It should show all groups (so called SEM terms), but in reality all is one Group. Can you send me steps how to see broad match with all ideas?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Good morning.

The tool does not show data for broad match.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Matjaz,

Yes you can see the Broad match data in the keyword planner.You can choose the keywords match type from Review Estimates. you can find the search volumes of the different match type of keywords in review estimates by putting the bids and budget in the box.

Steps:-Go to the Double Arrow Button in “Add to Plan” and click on the Review “Estimates button”.Review Estimates.png

Then put the Bids and Budget in the box. Then Go to Edit Match Types>All Ad Groups>Then select match type.Match Type.png