AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Wow why does this have to be so complicated It seems as though you need to hire some one to run your

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

3 Expert replyverified_user

To Complicated

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a business to run I cant sit here and play with words all day...Why dont they have and easier way to do this??

Re: To Complicated

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Good morning.

First the program's complexity is a direct reflection of the needs of the advertisers. When you're serving a million (or however many) different advertisers around the globe--small companies, multi-national corporations, online sales, offline sales, product sales, services, consumer goods, B2B markets, newsletter/magazine/newspaper subscriptions, informational sites, etc--you've got a million different users who have a million different sets of requirements. 

Second, while you can certainly hire someone to manage your account (you'd hire them the same way you'd hire any vendor for your company--doing a search to find one whose services fit your needs and budget)--you can also learn to manage it yourself. While the learning curve can be steep, it's also true that once you get your account performance "stabilized" so that it's providing you with the results you want, the ongoing mangement should not be that time-intensive. 

In any case, even when your account is brand-new, you shouldn't need to be in AdWords all day. Once your ads are running, you need to let them and your keywords accumulate a statistically significant amount of data--then you edit in the context of that data and what performance changes you want to see. Rest and repeat. Smiley Happy

You can look at AdWords Express as an 'easier' program. I don't normally recommend it--you have virtually no control over your keywords or audience, but depending on your business, it may be a better solution for you.

If you have any questions about managing AdWords, please post them here on the forum--someone here is sure to be able to help!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi KEES and welcome to the forum.  It's complicated because there are a lot of options and online Advertising is not necessarily simple.  If you want to get the best from something you've got to be prepared either to learn how it works or pay for someone to handle it on your behalf - that's true of almost everything in the world.

There is an alternative option - Adwords Express.  With this product you simply set up your monthly budget, specify your area of interest and some other details, then Google handles everything else for you.  It may be more suitable for your needs but please bear in mind it's also quite limited in what control you have.

Adwords Express

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello KEES;

This is a question asked by many advertisers;

AdWords is not an easy system. It does require some learning before you start...

Having said that, I should add, that Google is aware of the complexity of the system, and offers a variety of free tools for the small advertiser. (A superb up-to-date help center - other major tech companies should "envy" the accuracy of its documentation; hundreds of videos, and free on-line tutorial, this community and other support channels...)

Once you are familiar with the tool (and yes, there is a learning curve...) - maintaining and optimizing the campaign is not that hard, but it is a time-consuming.

If you lack the time to keep up and optimize your campaign yourself; hundreds of AdWords certified partners offer professional services: teaching AdWords; consulting and account management.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Sq
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Sq
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

Maybe your making an error in judgement. Adwords could be seen as a gold mine (re-marketing + Youtube being my current favourites) - what you see as "play" was supposed to be you investing time in to learning how to make money online.

If you remove an agency out of the equation you have a better budget for the campaign.Check the AdWords Partner directory and get some quotes. What this means for you is time turning into more potential clicks and more customers visiting your website.

If you spent time learning how to turn words into money and then mastered it, you could grow your business massively.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Geez....what a complicated explanation....................i hope that answers your question.............

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
adwords express puts my business mainly in the bristol channel..............................i suppose i could sing to the fish........................

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The tools/help etc dont help...........................you could spend forever learning this and that , it would be better for everyine if Google or some one would perhaps listen instead of preach. No SEO company i have ever spoken to about this or SEO has ever asked me a simple/single question about what i do businesswise, they always start with "What keywords do you want" to which i reply " i have no idea, how would i know"?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
??