AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Working with a very small budget

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I'm just testing the water and have a question please. I have just added a small amount of money to my adwords account (£10) and have set up several ad groups in 1 campaign. To each ad group I have added approximately 20 exact match keyphrases and most of the keyphrases say that my £0.20 CPC is enough.

My question is how can I get my adverts to show as regularly as possible? The account is working because it says that I have had 14 impressions so far today (that's in about 7 hours). I'm not worried about getting clicks at the minute but I just want to spend the whole £10 budget if possible in one day, so I need to make my ad impressions more frequent and then the clicks should follow.

I've tested by searching for my exact match keyphrases on Google and very occasionally one of my adverts shows up, but how can I increase this?

I hope that is enough information and thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Working with a very small budget

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello  TheShay; welcome;

Check these discussions about the topic, with some good  tips and suggestions:

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Moshe

Thanks for getting back to me. I've looked at the 2 threads but I don't think these answer the question that I'm posing. I'm aware of display network and broad match but I want to deal only with search network and very targetted words. So what I'm trying to understand is why my ads show so infrequently on Google search. Yes I have a small daily budget, so what is the best way to set this up so that this daily budget gets used.

For instance even though I only have £10 in my account if I increased my daily budget to say £100 (not literally but in adwords) what effect would this have? Would it increase the number of impressions or reduce them?

In other words if I search for something as specific as 'black dog walking in Seattle' how can I ensure that my advert shows up for that exact phrase as often as possible? I know it is very unlikely that this would be searched but if I set this up as exact match then surely it would show if I searched the exact phrase.

Thanks again

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

OK, I think I may have found the answer. I think many of my phrases may be 'low search volume' words, so even though other people's ads are showing up while my exact phrase isn't, I think it's because they have theirs set up as broad match. Hmmm more complicated than I thought this!! Smiley Wink

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello ;

What is your lost impression share due to budget? (Search Lost IS (budget): The percentage of time that your ads weren't shown on the Search Network due to insufficient budget. This data is available at the campaign level only.)

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2497703

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’