Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Wordpress landing page. Tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello People, 

I am happy to get cleared my doubts in this community and I have come up with my next question here. 

The question is, I work for a website which is developed in wordpress.

This is our landing page - http://www.8kmiles.com/amazon-web-services-aws-cloud-managed-services/ 

My web developer says that having a landing page in WordPress is not help us in AdWords campaign in terms of conversion tracking. So he suggesting me to have a landing page in HTML instead of WordPress. Can't we track goals and conversion in WordPress landing page? How could I improve my landing page?

Give me your suggestions! 

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
June 2016

Re: Wordpress landing page. Tracking

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Ashok,

As @MosheTLV rightly said above, your focus should be relevant information on the landing page and how useful it would for the user looking for right set of details. Trust me there would be millions of pages running across Google ads built in WordPress Smiley Happy

You should ask your developer to ensure that auto tagging is supported for your landing page so that you can track the data across Google Analytics. And also you should be able to track the number of users who take some action in terms of filling up form, download whitepaper etc...based on your business objective. Doing this would help you implement conversion tracking and record it effectively.

My Thoughts!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello;
Simply put;
The platform on which a landing page is built is irrelevant to AdWords. What's relevant is the CONTENT and the ADDED VALUE to users. Chose whatever platform you are comfortable with. Focus on the content.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
June 2016

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Ashok,

As @MosheTLV rightly said above, your focus should be relevant information on the landing page and how useful it would for the user looking for right set of details. Trust me there would be millions of pages running across Google ads built in WordPress Smiley Happy

You should ask your developer to ensure that auto tagging is supported for your landing page so that you can track the data across Google Analytics. And also you should be able to track the number of users who take some action in terms of filling up form, download whitepaper etc...based on your business objective. Doing this would help you implement conversion tracking and record it effectively.

My Thoughts!

Pankaj

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
For counting form fills, change the form settings to have a thank you page.

In Contact Form 7 you need to add the following in the Additional Settings section:
on_sent_ok: "location = '/thank-you/';"

(Make sure the URL of the thank you page you create is http://www.8kmiles.com/thank-you/ )

Then you can count visits to that page in Analytics, or by adding AdWords conversion code to that page.

The other option is to install and use Google Tag Manager to record form submissions.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks MosheTLV!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your clear reply Pankaj!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Rob,

Thanks for your answer. I didn't try Google Tag Manager yet. Will surely try it out.