2.3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Will my daily budget charge me daily?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I got paid $100 from Google and decided to invest $20 back into an ad campaign. The budget says daily so I put "20.00" there. Will it just charge me $20 or will it take $20 daily? If it takes $20 daily, how can I fix this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Will my daily budget charge me daily?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi there,

Budget and billing are two separate things. Budget is the maximum you'd like to spend in a day for a campaign. So in this case, $20 budget means each day your campaign can accrue costs up to $20, which is about $600 a month. You'd be charged based on the payment you've selected.

Prepay or Manual Payments: This is pretty much similar to a mobile phone recharge, where you pay first and use the amount towards advertising. Amount would be deducted from the available balance on a daily basis, depending on your daily costs and ads would stop serving when account balance is insufficient.

Postpay or automatic payments: Here you enter your credit card details for Google to charge. Google allows you to run ads without any initial payment. Your credit card would be charged when the credit balance reaches a certain threshold limit or after 30 days from your previous charge. More about these payments methods here.

Hope that helps!

Sumanth Sridhar