3.3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Why would my account be disabled??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was putting up my second campaign in two years - it is for an online writing course, nothing racy or provocative. I got a red label at the top of my page that said that "None of your Ads or Campaigns are running because we've disabled or deleted your account. Contact us immediately."

The only thing that I can imagine would have happened is that I had a credit card on file with them that was reported lost/stolen in the past few months. But I put in another card number, so it would seem like that would solve it.

Any ideas? My campaign is quite time sensitive; sign ups start tomorrow. Would you advise that I should try setting up a new account?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why would my account be disabled??

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Simply follow these instructions first to try to reactivate the account :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375392?hl=en

Look in the Change History, perhaps it shows when the account  was deactivated.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your reply. I didn't see anything in the change history. I will try calling them tomorrow and maybe I will get lucky and it will go smoothly.

I just off the phone with a friend who said it took her ages to get her account reactivated because once it was active again, Google put it under review immediately. She said someone at Google told her this was just standard policy.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Please share your website URL
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
yes its standard policy to annoy customers, they are all so high on their own market dominance that they don't care