AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Why would I add a Destination URL to a Keyword?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

i see that you can add destination URLs to individual (or all) Keywords - what is the benfit of doing this since the 'Ad' is what determines the destination when the user clicks on it. Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Why would I add a Destination URL to a Keyword?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Jeff M,

This is in case you have a particular page for that keyword. The keyword level destination URL over-rides the ad destination URL. In most cases, you will have your keywords tightly themed with a single landing page for the ad group. Sometimes, you may want to add a specific keyword to a specific group, but you want the clicks to go to a specific landing page (other than the ad group landing page). That's what the keyword level destination URL is for.
Oh, it is optional. You don't need to enter anything. If it's left blank, the destination URL for the ad is used.

Best of Luck!

Pete

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Why would I add a Destination URL to a Keyword?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Jeff M,

This is in case you have a particular page for that keyword. The keyword level destination URL over-rides the ad destination URL. In most cases, you will have your keywords tightly themed with a single landing page for the ad group. Sometimes, you may want to add a specific keyword to a specific group, but you want the clicks to go to a specific landing page (other than the ad group landing page). That's what the keyword level destination URL is for.
Oh, it is optional. You don't need to enter anything. If it's left blank, the destination URL for the ad is used.

Best of Luck!

Pete

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords