5.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Why would Clicks decrease? (not CTR)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had 52 clicks on my ad 2 days ago and now it says 49 clicks. Any idea why it would decrease?

Keyword Status Max. Clicks Total - all ad group     49  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why would Clicks decrease? (not CTR)

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Jon,

well it's normal to have fluctuations in your amount of clicks. Think this way during a weekend users might search more about business than in a weekday, due to that factor your clicks on the ads can be higher during the weekend and lower in the weekdays.

This is just an example, but there can be many reasons like this and when i see the number you have mentioned, loosing two clicks is very normal in any adwords campaign.

Re: Why would Clicks decrease? (not CTR)

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jon,

Welcome to the Adwords community!

Your question is, 2 days ago you have seen 52 clicks and now it's shown 49 clicks for the same date range? ok.

This is usually happened in Adwords. Please check your "Billing tab" > "Transaction History" in this tab you see that some descriptions like "Campaign Activity - ... clicks", "Invalid activity". "Invalid activity" means "invalid click", these clicks happens usually session end or different reason. Google automatically reduce these click from the total clicks and also credited your amount of your invalid clicks.

Hope this will help!

Thanks,
Tushar