AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Why won't the performance forecast use my entire budget?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I.E. I have a $20k budget, and I've entered ~500 keywords into the tool, but the performance forecast is only forecasting bids on ~100 keywords and projecting a $2k spend. The budget is there to bid on more keywords, but I can't seem to get the tool to forecast for those keywords.

In other words, I'm trying to forecast the use of my entire budget without raising the max CPC. I'd like to forecast bids on more keywords, there could be a few thousand, with a lower CPC, and use my whole budget. I can't seem to get the forecasting tool to do that. It won't increase my spend without raising the max CPC. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
November 2016

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Difficult to be sure but likely the simulator thinks there is not enough search demand, at the bid you've set, to consume all your budget. Also if your CPC is too low, below "Est page 1 bid", then the simulator is going to correctly predict that you will not get clicks.  

Do you have tight geo-targeting setup?

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
November 2016

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Difficult to be sure but likely the simulator thinks there is not enough search demand, at the bid you've set, to consume all your budget. Also if your CPC is too low, below "Est page 1 bid", then the simulator is going to correctly predict that you will not get clicks.  

Do you have tight geo-targeting setup?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

But why isn't the tool showing bids on additional keywords? I've got over 500 keywords in the tool, but it is only forecasting bids on <100 of them, and still not using up my entire budget? Is there a way to have the tool forecast bids on the rest of the keywords?