AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Why they didn't click my website?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Since there were 51 clicks on my google ad, why there is 0 click on my business website? How to make them click the website?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author realive c
October 2016

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

When someone clicks on your ad, their browser loads the landing page in your ad.  So you have "brought them to your website".  Or, more accurately, you have "served your web page to their browser".  So a click, equates to someone arriving at your website. This is why traffic from PPC ads, like Google AdWords, is sometimes referred to as "paid search traffic". 

To get your ad to rank, you need to bid high enough, and have a high enough quality score.  Here's how to tell if you are bidding high enough.  On the "Keywords" tab in AdWords, use the "Columns>Modify Columns" button choice to add these three columns:

Est. first position bid

Est. top page bid

Est. first position bid

The numbers in these columns tell you, for each keyword (taking into account your Quality Score) how high you must bid to get onto the first page of Google search results, appear near the top, or appear in the first position. These are average numbers, your position may vary each time there is a search (auction).  You should bid at least as high as "Est. first page bid". 

hth!

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

When someone clicks on your ad, they have shown interest in your advertising message and you have brought them to your website.  

They then look at your website and decide if they want to take further action.  You cannot "make them" click the website; it is a choice that the visitor makes by free will; it's important to recognize that.  A number of things will influence their decision: 

- Did they find what they are looking for? (relevancy)

- Is the information on the website presented in a compelling fashion?

- Is a value proposition clearly stated on the website?

- Is the website "annoying" them for any reason? (color scheme, layout, pop-up ads, etc) 

- Is there a compelling reason to navigate further?  (sometimes all the information sought is presented on the landing page, and there is no further reason to click/navigate). 

This is a whole discipline known as "conversion rate optimization" (CRO).  You can Google for that topic, and "landing page optimization" to learn more about it.  But without seeing your landing page, there isn't a lot more that can be speculated upon.  And this topic is really beyond the scope of this AdWords technical support forum, into the realm of website/landing page design and CRO. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks. What do you mean "brought them to your website"? My website visitor analystics didn't show any number increase from Google ad.

By the way, how to list my ad at top of the Google searching result please?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

"How it works: When people click your ad, they’ll be taken to your +Page or website. People may also click the phone number in your ad to call your business." The visitor analystic showed 33 visitors yesterday (29/10/16), my Adwords became active on 30/10/16, but the number is still 33 today. Then why the 51 clicks were not counted?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author realive c
October 2016

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

When someone clicks on your ad, their browser loads the landing page in your ad.  So you have "brought them to your website".  Or, more accurately, you have "served your web page to their browser".  So a click, equates to someone arriving at your website. This is why traffic from PPC ads, like Google AdWords, is sometimes referred to as "paid search traffic". 

To get your ad to rank, you need to bid high enough, and have a high enough quality score.  Here's how to tell if you are bidding high enough.  On the "Keywords" tab in AdWords, use the "Columns>Modify Columns" button choice to add these three columns:

Est. first position bid

Est. top page bid

Est. first position bid

The numbers in these columns tell you, for each keyword (taking into account your Quality Score) how high you must bid to get onto the first page of Google search results, appear near the top, or appear in the first position. These are average numbers, your position may vary each time there is a search (auction).  You should bid at least as high as "Est. first page bid". 

hth!

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

How are you analyzing or measuring the click/session traffic to the site? Are you using Google analytics? Do you have auto tagging enabled? Are you viewing the google/cpc source? Are you landing the ads on the "business website", or is there some intermediate step a user has to take to get to that site?

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It is a Google analytics, just the analytics code is different with the one from Adwords. No matter how, if the Google ad takes them to my website, there should be a count. Because the analytics doesn't care where the viewer is from. I checked there are 51 clicks to the Google ad, but why there is no any record at my website Google analytics? Since like Google Adwords said "How it works: When people click your ad, they’ll be taken to your +Page or website.", why there is no analytics record?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No matter by whatever means they were brought to my website, there should be a record at my Google analytics, there are 51 clicks at the Google ad, why there is 0 record at my website?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

It's clear Google Analytics isn't recording events at your website.  But in order to help further we'll need more information.  Tom posed some good questions above, if you answer those then we might be able to assist. 

There is a Chrome browser extension called "Tag Assistant" which you can install.  If you use it on the pages on your website, it will tell you if the Google Analytics tags are functioning properly.  Also you want to make sure the tags are associated with the correct Google Analytics account (the UA #).

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It does record event. It recorded events from our off line promotion from the area where we did these promotion such as letter box dropping.