5.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Why the ads are so invasive?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm really fed up of ads. Ads are an invasion, I don't understand why Google has been perverted with that. I'm going to stop using Google apps (chrome, Gmail an so on) I'm fed up of the ads. Why are you doing this to your customers ?
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why the ads are so invasive?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Well... You know, it all depends on the POV. You  see ads (by Adwords) as a "distraction", others would see ads as choices  for consumers... (Depending on one's POV... :smileysurprised: ).

Ads are essential  to the financial support  of websites which distribute content. Hence, you cannot opt out of seeing ads. However, you can opt out form interest  based  ads.  (Ads tailored to you,  based on your online behavior - aka, behavioral advertising). You could opt out of interest based ads  on your ads settings sections of your Google account.Note: this will apply only to "ads by Google".

If you reside in the EU, Google is part of an online initiative "your online choices ". You could choose to opt out,  from certain ad networks/ advertisers, (other than Google) which distribute behavioral advertising.  However, - this does not mean that  you will not see any ads.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Why the ads are so invasive?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
pish i have to keep opting out constantly....why isn't once enough i wont change my mind google .