AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Why isn't my ad running when it says it's running

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to advertise a small minecraft server, if you know what that is. It is not really a profitable company nor a highly funded project. I receive very small funds for this. Lately, I have been thinking of new ways to advertise instead of server lists. I thought that one way that people get to server lists is by searching for them, so I started learning how to use google adwords. When it came to the point where my ad was set up and my billing was set up, my ad wasn't running. The first page bid estimates were way out of my budget. I am looking to pay $0.01 per click with a daily budget of $0.40. For some reason I can't even get my ads to show. No matter how high my bid is or my daily budget is. My ad never gets shown. It always says "We're only showing your ad occasionally, because of your budget." or "your budget doesn't allow you to spend anymore today." Even when I haven't even spent a cent. I really just don't know what's going on, and I don't have much time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nico D
September 2015

Re: Why isn't my ad running when it says it's running

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I suggest that you wait for the ads to be approved. You can find it here- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/188700

Good luck Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Nico D Smiley Happy. Welcome to the community. I have found a thread that is similar to your problem. Look here- https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics/Ad-not-showing/m-p/100270/highlight/true#M...
If you want to know more about the Ad's status, see- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2549108?hl=en

Hope that helps a bit. Good luck Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Forgot to mention that I tried that and it didn't show up. It still says they are running, even though they didn't show up in the preview tool.

Edit: And the status says eligible.

I fixed it a little bit, but my max cpc has to be 5.00$ to run for other people. (When I have my bid set to 5.00$ as a max cpc I can't see it in the preview tool, but my test subjects can see it on the search engine. + they can click on it, but the 1 click doesn't show up on the charts) I only get 1/200 players to donate at least 5$, and one click is not going to get me 200 players, therefore I don't want my max cpc to be 5$ When I lower my bid it says that it shows occasionally, but there isn't any competition. I know that it is mostly judged on the quality score and ad rank, but the quality score for most of my words are pretty low. (3/10) It's still asking me for at least a 4.50$ as my maximum cpc, though. Anyone have a solution for this? Do I have to wait for the ad rank to go up? Do the charts update like every day or something? Do I receive the charge for my clicks at the end of the day? Please help. Thank you for your time.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

"Your campaign budget doesn't enable additional spending today" it says eligible for a status, but this is in the pop-up, I haven't spent anything though...

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Mm. I've seen a thread about the Ad's status.
Although the status says eligible but it is not yet approved. However, it can show on Google search pages.
It wouldn't take too long for the ads to be approved.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does this mean I don't pay for clicks until that time? Smiley Surprised

Edit: I raised my budget per day and it said this. " No active account-level budget" I click on this link, but the directions weren't great, because most of them weren't located on my page. :L https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/177646 Something about creating the budget order... Not quite sure, but most of the steps were impossible to do, because I couldn't find where step 3-7 were.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nico D
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I suggest that you wait for the ads to be approved. You can find it here- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/188700

Good luck Smiley Happy

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Account-level budget is only for monthly invoicing and it's typically used by large advertisers.
Just wait for the ads to be approved and if there's no progress within a few days, contact the AdWords customer support.

It's going to be okay Smiley Happy