1.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Why is this seem overly confusing?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Advice please? For a lay person, it just seems overly confusing. Why are there two options, with out clear indication which one is better, or at the very least a better fit for your business?

I am a small online online business , currently just started an Adwords express campaign,

Just got this from Google as my Account is now Good to go,, BUT >>>> now this, ! I thought I had a campaign, I am very small business, -- I just don't have the money to be thrown around in error(s)

Gayle @ www.CourthousesOfAmerica.com

>>>>>>>

Good News. Account approved.

Happy to inform you that after further review of your account, you have been approved to participate in Google Shopping.Smiley Happy

I see that the Merchant center account is linked to the AdWords account but you would also have to create a shopping campaign. Please create shopping campaign following the below procedure:

1. login to your AdWords account.
2. Click on the red tab +Campaign and select shopping Campaign.
3. Fill in the details of budget, location, bid etc and save and continue.
4. Next create ad group and create an ad.

You may refer this video to understand the procedure https://youtu.be/FLZdoeCv5o4.

Also, you may provide your phone number and a preferred time when I can reach you to help you in creating an AdWords shopping Campaign.

I hope this information is helpful. Please do feel free to write back to me if you have any questions or concerns. I'd be happy to help.
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why is this seem overly confusing?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Good morning.

Yes, AdWords can be confusing for the new advertiser. It's a very complicated program--it needs to be in order to offer options to thousands of different kinds of advertisers around the world.

If you have questions about whether or not you want to use the Shopping campaign offer, the best thing you can do is to reply to the email you received, as it says, and ask your specific questions there.

I would suggest, though, that starting with AdWords Express, where you already have a campaign, is a good way to "test the waters" before you get into more complicated (and possibly more expensive) advertising. To learn more about AdWords Express, I strongly recommend that you read through the online help and documentation information. It's very important to have a clear sense of what the product does and what results it is able to produce. You need to understand how the program works in order to evaluate whether or not it's successful for you.

And, of course, please do post again if you have specific questions!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*