AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Why is my video remarketing list not populating?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1) Set up a video remarketing list as such: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2545661?hl=en

2) Set up a display network campaign and used said remarketing list as the target. 

The remarketing list has been stuck on 40 users (or 0 in the case of the other two we tried) while the videos themselves have accumulated thousands of views. 

Why? I've been in the Google Partners thread for 7 hours and everybody is stumped. Everything else looks right and even Google phone support on Friday after looking at the campaign structure said everything was good.

Why isn't this list populating? My remarketing campaign can't start until the list accumulates 100 users, which with 2500 views on the 3 targeted videos, it absolutely should.

PLEASE HELP!! Thank you!! 

Russ

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why is my video remarketing list not populating?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Russ,

Thanks for your question. From a high-level glance, it appears as though you have done everything correctly. It will be difficult to diagnose your issue without being able to see the account. Our support team handles one on one support to protect your privacy. It also appears that you have been in communication with them and they really are the best team to help you. 

However, in the meantime, I want to give you some things to check to hopefully move this process along. 

1. Keep in mind: You can only create a remarketing list from one channel or videos within a single channel, but you can combine remarketing lists in the standard AdWords campaign view.
  2. Make sure that none of your ads are paused and that all of your ads are approved.

This might be general information, but this is what I can think of off the top of my head not being able to see the account so I hope that this helps. 

Let us know if you need further assistance.