Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Why is my listing not appearing on the first page

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I advertise with Google, and yet my ad doesn't appear on the first page, ever. Why is that and what can I do about it?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Check your bids and your budget.  You might need to increase your bid.  What position does Adwords say you are showing?

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi @Gene B,

@Shanee_Kirk has already shared the most important factor that influence the ad's position.

Note that the position of the ad is determined by the ad rank.

The main components of Ad Rank are the bids, the quality of the ads & website, and the expected impact from ad extensions and other ad formats.

So apart from the bids, you need to improve the Quality score and use the ad extensions.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey @Gene

Aside from the main components listed by @Shanee_Kirk and @Archit there may be another possibility (albeit slim) if you are performing a manual search yourself - and I have seen this happen, just ensure your IP isn't blocked from IP exclusions. Ive seen several examples of this in inherited accounts. Probs isn't the case but worth bearing in mind aside from the traditional principles

Have a great day

James