AdWords
3K members online now
3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Why is my all visitors remarketing list empty?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We implemented the adwords tag on our new website 3 weeks ago. Adwords is reporting 2071 clicks during that period, Analytics reports 3265 visits, and yet the list is totally empty. Adwords confirms the tag is active. What should we do to get the list to fill up automatically as it is supposed to? Thank you in advance for your help!

Another question:

In the other predefined lists google provides, the list Visitors WITH conversion reflects 2 data, one of which being in my opinion impossible: google list size is 54, display network list size is 220. We do not have and never had any Display network campaign running at all.

According to Analytics we indeed received a total of 58 conversions over the period.

But how come there is a  list of 220 for the display network since we do not have any campaign on the display network and anyway we only received 58 conversions: so the list of visitors with conversion can not be 220... Can someone clarify why those data.Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why is my all visitors remarketing list empty?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there,

If you install the Google Tag manager extension on your Chrome browser it should be able to detect and issues with the tag and tell you how to fix it :-)

Cheers

Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi,

I just saw the second part of your query. It sounds like you're looking at a remarketing list based on rules to identify people who converted, and then Google tells you how many of them are applicable for search (google) remarketing versus normal remarketing on the display network. Display network is almost always a larger. Does this sound like what you're looking at?
Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am going to try your suggestion and will let you know. Thanks a lot!

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Great, you're welcome. If still no luck or clarity, please post screen-grabs in the full reply editor of what you're seeing.

Cheers
Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am also curious why Google is reporting an empty list when I attempt to create more filtered list. As an example, to test it, I select "visitors of a page" and then "URL contains (my domain)" which is naturally on every single page so it should report every active user...right? Was your initial answer to the OP's question still the cure to this problem/misunderstanding?

Thanks.