AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Why is google disapproving display ads using the same text/copy as an approved text ad?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have approved texts ads and am using the display ad generator to create display ads. I'm using the same text/copy as approved text ads but Google is denying the display ad stating "Unclear Content".

I also submitted a display ad that Google itself generated from my landing page and that too was denied for the same reason.

What gives?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
October 2016

Re: Why is google disapproving display ads using the same text/copy as an approved text ad?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Mitch M,

This can happen when adding a generic image from Google search that does not represent your landing page well or is missing your logo. Your image is rather important with display ads. 

Unclear content: To keep our ads professional and effective, we don't allow ads that are unclear, confusing, or low quality. Your ad is promoting content that is incomprehensible or does not name the product, service, or entity being promoted. Examples include gibberish ad text, overly generic or vague promotions, blurry image or video ad, blank ads, gibberish landing page content, or animated ads that do not clearly display identifying information such as a product or company name, logo, or display URL on the
final static frame (after the animation has ceased). Please edit your ad and ad destination to ensure policy compliance.

Kind Regards,

James