AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Why is Adwords forcing me to convert campaigns to "enhanced'?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What the heck is behind Adwords forcing everyone to convert to "enhanced" mode?  I tried the auto conversion process, and all of my ads stopped running.  I even called Adwords support, and they couldn't get it working either, although a couple of days later the campaigns inexplicably started working again.

As far as I can tell its a ploy to get me to advertise on mobile, which in my market is a waste of money.  The only way to turn off mobile ads is a ridiculous cludge of entering a mobile pay factor of 0% on an obscure screen.  If Google wanted us to be able to choose target devices, why the heck isn't there a list of target devices we can choose from?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why is Adwords forcing me to convert campaigns to "enhanced'?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Michael,

A lot of people are asking the same question.

I don't target devices but I do understand it is tricky to run a desktop/tablet only campaign, but it's even harder or close to impossible to target only mobile.

Other features of enhanced campaigns I find very useful and I'm about to convert all my campaigns. I find the most useful part is the ability to define sitelinks by AdGroup. I'm still in the learning process on this.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Re: Why is Adwords forcing me to convert campaigns to "enhanced'?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

We can't take the King Canute approach - the tide is coming in....

Whilst you can choose to wait  - it makes more sense to embrace the change (as is usually the case in all walks of life) before it is no longer a choice and you have to adapt in a hurry...