AdWords
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Why has 'max CPC' column disappeared and how can I get it back?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Please can someone advise as I am new to Adwords - We have one campaign running and previously there was a column where I could set the maximum CPC...but it seems to have disappeared? 

Any suggestions/help is appreciated! I have gone through every setting I can think of.

Thanks in advance

2 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi @Sarah H,

It's still Available as default and can not be removed from the AdWords dashboard.

Have you tried signing in from another browser or log out and clear caches & cookies then sign in again?

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I must admit I haven't tried logging out and clearing caches. I shall try that now....

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

OK - so maybe I am being a bit dense here...You can tell I am new to this! 

The Max CPC appears when I have all Campaigns selected in the left hand bar. I can see that the campaign group we have running is listed, and under Default Max CPC there is nothing.

When I go into the specific campaign and try to find the setting for Max CPC for each keywords I can no longer find out what our max CPC is??

Re: Why has 'max CPC' column disappeared and how can I get it back?

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

It is available within keyword/ad group tab whether yo access all the keywords/ad groups of AdWords account or keywords/ad groups of a specific campaign.

max cpc_censored.jpg

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

The "max CPC" is your bid.  You can see it at the ad group level and the keyword level, not the campaign level.  

Also - Are you using any type of automated bidding strategies (vs manual bidding)?  This may change what you are seeing.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You need to check your BID STRATEGY! Make sure it is set to MANUAL

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Vistor #7 is correct the other comments are not understanding the issue. If column suddenly disappeared or starting new campaign and max bid column is not visible do this.

In the campaign thats missing max bid go to settings and scroll down to Bid Strategy and click edit and choose Manual CPC don't forget to save. Your max bid column will now be visible. 

You can also select or deselect enhanced biding there as well.

This will HELP.