AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Why does the Adwords Keyword Planner only show 100 results max?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm using the Adwords Keyword Planner, and every time I search for new keyword ideas I only ever see a maximum of 100 results. If I add say 60 of these to my plan and then hit 'Get ideas' again, I get another 100 keywords. Is it not possible to view all keyword ideas in one search, as opposed to sets of 100?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Christian G
September 2015

Re: Why does the Adwords Keyword Planner only show 100 results max?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I tested all your restrictions. The 100 limit appears only when I set a landing page, and I cannot shake it, like you said, you have to add 60 keywords then 100 more appear, it looks like a system default configuration.

View solution in original post

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Christian G ! Welcome to the Community,

When I searched for "flowers" it shows 801 suggested keywords split in pages with 30 keywords (see pictures bellow)

Did you use more than 1 keyword when searching ? This can reduce the number of combinations.

keyword-ideas.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Adrian,

I'm using one keyword but have added a suggested landing page. I'm also using filters such as excluded keywords and to only show keywords that have over 10 Avg. monthly searches.

I expected (and hoped for) my results to be fewer because of this filtering, however for each keyword idea I search for separately, I regularly get back 100 keyword suggestions - which makes me suspect that my results are being limited to 100 suggestions per search.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Christian G
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I tested all your restrictions. The 100 limit appears only when I set a landing page, and I cannot shake it, like you said, you have to add 60 keywords then 100 more appear, it looks like a system default configuration.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Adrian,

How odd that happens only when setting a landing page! Well I'm glad there is a reason and I'm not just going insane! Hopefully Google recognise and address this at some stage.

Thanks for looking into this.