5.4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Why do adword adverts sometimes appear a the bottom of the web page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The title of the subect covers it pretty much?

I am paying to be on the first page at, what i would assume to be the prime advertising space, the top of the page.

so why does my advert sometimes drop to the bottom of the page??

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: Why do adword adverts sometimes appear a the bottom of the web pag

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Richard,

Every advertiser aims to be on top of the search result page, but the reality is that only few (2 or 3) are able to make it there.

That's because you need to consistently have an excellent ad rank and high relevancy which could beat the threashold and take your ad on top of the page. Of couse competitive bids are definitely a key factor. Ad extensions also play important role as per the last update happened in terms of Ad Rank. Find more details here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722087?hl=en

Also an important point to understand here that AdWords keep on testing different positions of ads online and they introduced the ads below the fold with a fact that ads on bottom attract more users as compared to ads on side. Read this official blog for more details: http://adwords.blogspot.in/2011/11/new-ad-placements-on-search.html

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Richard,

There can be multiple reasons of why your ads are showing at the bottom of the page. if your quality score is good (around 8 or 9) than you should consider increasing your bid rate to get top positions. Also if your ads drop to the bottom around a specif period/time then you should consider increasing your bid during that specific time using ad scheduling. Because chances are that more advertisers are bidding during that specific time to win top position.

Hope that helps,

Nouman
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Richard,

Every advertiser aims to be on top of the search result page, but the reality is that only few (2 or 3) are able to make it there.

That's because you need to consistently have an excellent ad rank and high relevancy which could beat the threashold and take your ad on top of the page. Of couse competitive bids are definitely a key factor. Ad extensions also play important role as per the last update happened in terms of Ad Rank. Find more details here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722087?hl=en

Also an important point to understand here that AdWords keep on testing different positions of ads online and they introduced the ads below the fold with a fact that ads on bottom attract more users as compared to ads on side. Read this official blog for more details: http://adwords.blogspot.in/2011/11/new-ad-placements-on-search.html

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am a new business and advertsiing is a huge part of my daily budget. as i have very little compueition where i am i do not want to increase my bids as his just costs more money.
I would expect, having paid for an advert, that i ought to be placed above everybdy that has just a free listing.
Add scheduling does not really work for me as i find customers look up my detals at all times of the day and week.
It is a difficult balance between getting seen on Google and just handing over all my profits!

Yours

Richard