2.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Why can't I get an ad shown?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have increased my ad bid to $20 and still can't get it shown despite it being approved? And I'm only trying to rank for click to download in my local state in Australia

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why can't I get an ad shown?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey DavidDriscoll,

Do you mean that you cannot see the ad or you have no  impressions?

Are there search volumes for the keyword you are trying to rank for in that region?

There should be a small speech bubble near the keyword in the 'status' column in the keywords tab... when you hover on that, you should see 'Ads showing right now?' and a Yes or a No there.

If theres a No... in the 'ads' tab... add the column 'Policy details' from the attributes section.. This will give you a reason as to why your ad wouldnt show.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Re: Why can't I get an ad shown?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi DavidDriscoll,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

In addition to what Shweta pointed above, I am little confused when you say "Click to Download". Did you mean to say that you have created click to download ad and you want the users to download your mobile app from either Android Market or iTunes?

If this is the case it's necessary to create separate ad groups for Android apps and separate for Itunes apps because the destination URL will be different in both the cases.

Just a thought!

Pankaj