Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Why aren't my ads showing?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, when I go to the campaign management my average position is 1.4 and 2 for one of my ads. Quality score is 7/10 and I have met the estimated top and first page bid. When I use the ad preview it says my ads aren't showing. There aren't any ads on google for my keywords. Anyone have advice for why my ads aren't running? My billing isn't an issue either. Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why aren't my ads showing?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Good morning.

I'm afraid I don't quite understand. If an "average position" is being shown for your ads, then they are active. If they were not showing, they would not have an "average position" metric available.

If you're advertising on the Display Network, the ad 'testing' system in the AdWords interface will not be able to diagnose whether or not your ads are showing--that program works only for Search network advertising. You need to just ignore that tool unless you're advertising on search. Use the Display Networks tab to view performance metrics for advertising there. (And remember that data is not displayed at the keyword level since Display advertising relies more on the "theme" of a collection of keywords in an Ad Group than on serving traffic triggered by individual keywords.)

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tabatha,

Please use the Google ad troubleshooter in the link below:

https://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/1711301?hl=en

Cheers,
Vineesh..

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tabatha,

Your average position and quality score is not calculated in real time. So you cannot decide whether your ads are running or not based on these matrices. Go to keywords tab check the status and hover to the comment sign to check the reason of why your ads are not showing.

adwords.JPG

Thanks,

Nouman