5.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Why aren't my Ads running?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a computer and mobile ad in a campaign that just got approved about 6-7 hours ago, but there are no statistics for views, clicks or cost. There is no button to "start ad" or "run campaign" either.

All my ads and campaign are Enabled, but I can't find a button to start my ads.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why aren't my Ads running?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Jack,

Make sure you entered billing information correctly.

Have you checked your ads using the Ad preview and diagnosis tool? Can you see your ads?
https://adwords.google.com/apt/anon/AdPreview

Deepak

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
There is no button to start a campaign. If it is enabled and you have an approved payment method set up, once the ads are approved, you will begin showing. My first suggestion is to check your bids. If they are very low, you may not be getting into the auction. Following Deepak_V's suggestion should tell you this...or hover over the little quote icon next to a keyword on the keyword tab.

One other thing...Sometimes there is a couple hour delay in it saying approved and them actually getting into the auction. This can then be compounded by the delay in actual reporting within the dashboard of another few hours.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jack W
July 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Google actually has support agents for SOME of their services, and this is one of them. That guy told me somehow my visual ads got placed in a text ad, so I switched them to a visual ad and it worked. When I first signed up, for some reason 2 ads were created automatically - one text and one visual - from the one I was trying to make. This never happened with old accounts so it makes no sense, but at least there's a solution.