AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Why are these keywords "Below Average" expected click through rate???

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

My ad title is "Best Piano Lessons OC"

The keyword "best piano lessons" (with quotes) has a "Below Average" expected click through rate. 

How can this possibly be??

The keyword "piano lessons" is the most common one people use to find and click on that ad, and yet it also has a "Below Average" expected click through rate. While "in home piano lessons" and "professional piano lessons" have an "Average" expected click through rate.

What am I missing here?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why are these keywords "Below Average" expected click th

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello @Dexter B,

Including a keyword prominently in the ad text does not guarantee a better ECTR. It's more about the appeal that your ad gives to the people searching for similar keywords as yours. Even an ad that does not have an exact search phrase used in the ad can have better ECTR. Obviously, reasons are many. 

Also, it becomes important to note that ECTR takes into account how well your keyword has performed in the past, based on your ad's position. 

Hence, if you believe your ad text is optimized enough for your keywords and for your advertising goals, and is targeted and relevant to your users' queries, you should focus on improving your ad positions. And then should give it some time. Once you start accumulating clicks and your CTR improves, the ECTR will automatically increase. 

Hope that helps. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.