AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Why am I no longer getting clicks and impressions?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I set up my first video campaign a few days ago and it was just approved yesterday evening.

So far, it has around 19,000 impressions and 64 clicks, and it hasn't gone up at all today. The ad is supposed to run until May 30th.

When I signed up to promote the video, Google estimated that it would get far more views and impressions. 

The campaign is not paused or deleted, and it is currently serving. 

Why am I no longer getting clicks and impressions? 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Why am I no longer getting clicks and impressions?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

There are a variety of reasons.

First off, read this and watch the video associated with it:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1752122?hl=en

Next reason might be that your intended audience has already seen you ad and is not interested in clicking on it (this is quite common and you'll notice yourself doing this)

Finally, Google estimates are frequently wrong. I've rarely seen volume estimates (after all, they are estimates) being spot on target.

A value that's used to determine your ad position, where ads are shown on a page. Ad Rank is calculated using your bid amount and Quality Score.

AdWords Video: Understanding Ad Rank

Learn about how Ad Rank is determined and how to increase your ads' chances of ranking high.
  • Ad Rank determines your ad position -- where your ad shows on the page in relation to other ads.
  • The main components of your Ad Rank are your bids and the quality of your ads, keywords, and website as measured by what we call Quality Score. So even if your competition has higher bids than yours, you can still win a higher position at a lower price by using highly relevant keywords and ads.
  • Your Ad Rank is recalculated each time your ad is eligible to appear, so your ad position can fluctuate each time depending on your competition at that moment.

More about ad rank and position

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

There are a variety of reasons.

First off, read this and watch the video associated with it:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1752122?hl=en

Next reason might be that your intended audience has already seen you ad and is not interested in clicking on it (this is quite common and you'll notice yourself doing this)

Finally, Google estimates are frequently wrong. I've rarely seen volume estimates (after all, they are estimates) being spot on target.

A value that's used to determine your ad position, where ads are shown on a page. Ad Rank is calculated using your bid amount and Quality Score.

AdWords Video: Understanding Ad Rank

Learn about how Ad Rank is determined and how to increase your ads' chances of ranking high.
  • Ad Rank determines your ad position -- where your ad shows on the page in relation to other ads.
  • The main components of your Ad Rank are your bids and the quality of your ads, keywords, and website as measured by what we call Quality Score. So even if your competition has higher bids than yours, you can still win a higher position at a lower price by using highly relevant keywords and ads.
  • Your Ad Rank is recalculated each time your ad is eligible to appear, so your ad position can fluctuate each time depending on your competition at that moment.

More about ad rank and position

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Sophia L !

In addition to Steve's great advice, I would like to say that the "reach estimates" that google shows you are the average traffic of all your placements. Your ad will never show 100% for all the "reach estimate" . You can only hope to get an "impression share" of 20-30 %.

Also a very important fact is the problem of banner sizes. Certain high-traffic websites like youtube accept only certain types of banners.

Read more here

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2475441?hl=en

The Display ad builder can create 6 sizes of ads in a short time, but those are not all the available sizes in adwords.

http://www.google.com/ads/displaynetwork/build-your-ads/display-ad-builder.html

Also a thing that can block your ads from display are Flash animations. They are not available for all websites and all devices.

@Dave : How can she see QS or calculate ad-rank in a display campaign ?