2.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Why am I exceeding my daily budget?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am new to Adwords.  On another network, I set up 3 campaigns, activated them and starting getting clicks immediately.

Last night I posted a new campaign n Adwords.  It was approved this morning and within an hour, it shows all zeros and I have exceeded my daily balance which was set for 25.00. 

Google isn't performing all that well and I wish I could get my deposit back and move on.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why am I exceeding my daily budget?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Karen,
Sorry to hear that it didn't work well for you. AdWords is not the same as other networks and the audience isn't the same either. This is something most people don't think about. People who use Google are typically not the same people that use Bing or Yahoo. Most people pick a search engine and use that for most of their search engines.

AdWords is complicated. You really need to learn how it works before you can start taking advantage of it.

You say it "shows" all zeros. What do you mean by that? Google wont charge you for impressions/clicks not delivered. It's unlikely that your budget was spend without your ads being shown.

If you provide a little more detail, perhaps we can help you further. If you're giving up on AdWords, you're losing out on a massive audience.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Interesting.  I had a daily budget and word budget set because I was new to the process.  It went way over my word limit and daily limit.

I was not allowed to take off my credit card so I changed all the pertinent information, expiration date, code,address.  All the things that make a payment option valid.  Still several days later Google put through a charge.  the day the charge went through I tried to take it off again and got the message that I can do that after a payment goes through, which it had just done?  I called the bank that they told me it was fraudulent under any circumstances.  It is under investigation now.

So anyone reading this.  Watch out for Google.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So. I had to cancel the card to get it even. BEAT THE CHEAT PEOPLE!