Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Why I charged more than my set budget ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Scotty,

I'm writing to you as you come up as expert in the topic and hope you will be able to help me.

I'm having the same problem and am extremely angry and upset with Google AdWords right now. I just created my first campaign and set it on a £5 a day budget. Now I understand the concept of over delivery and reaching £5 x 30.4, however in the single afternoon in which my campaign has been active the cost has already reached £100.47!! This is considerably more than I was expecting and I have had to pause my campaign, as I cannot keep incurring costs at this rate. Can you please help me reduce this charge, ideally I would not have been willing to pay more than £5 + 20% for max a week.

I am extremely disappointed with Google AdWords as it is not user friendly for beginners to navigate, and mistakes can be made, as for example I was not aware I could have set a rule for my campaign to automatically stop when it reached the max I was willing to spend.

However I was planning on tracking it personally and pausing it when it reached this cost. For a £5 daily budget to result in a £100.47 cost in just one afternoon is utterly ridiculous!

Please help me.

Many thanks in advance

1 Expert replyverified_user

£5 daily budget resulted in £100 costs in three hours!!! How do I fix this??

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,
I have an issue in that I wanted to try out AdWords for a couple days, and as such set a daily budget to £5, not realising that I could be charged for up to £5 x average days in the month. However, my campaign has only been active for three hours and my costs are now up to £100.47, which is obviously too much and scared me a bit. When I looked into it in more detail I found out about the whole over delivery thing. £100.47 however is considerably more than £5 + 20% considering it has only been active for three hours!!
I was wondering if there was a way to fix this, I have already paused my campaign to avoid further costs.
By fix I mean somehow receive a refund from Google for the excess views, I only ever meant to run the campaign for a couple days, and while 20% more for over delivery is reasonable, I am not willing to pay £100 for three hours or advertising.
Someone please help me.
Many thanks in advance!

Ripped off By Goggle Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Cassie,

I'm writing to you as you come up as expert in the topic and seem to have been able to solve a few similar issues.

I'm having a the same problem and am extremely angry and upset with Google AdWords right now. I just created my first campaign and set it on a £5 a day budget. Now I understand the concept of over delivery and reaching £5 x 30.4, however in the single afternoon in which my campaign has been active the cost has already reached £100.47!! This is considerably more than I was expecting and I have had to pause my campaign, as I cannot keep incurring costs at this rate. Can you please help me reduce this charge, ideally I would not have been willing to pay more than £5 + 20% for max a week..

I am extremely disappointed with Google AdWords as it is not user friendly for beginners to navigate, and mistakes can be made, as for example I was not aware I could have set a rule for my campaign to automatically stop when it reached the max I was willing to spend.

However I was planning on tracking it personally and pausing it when it reached this cost. For a £5 daily budget to result in a £100.47 cost in just one afternoon is utterly ridiculous!

Please help me.

Many thanks in advance

Ripped off By Goggle Adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Cassie,

I'm writing to you as you come up as expert in the topic and seem to have been able to solve a few similar issues.

I'm having a the same problem and am extremely angry and upset with Google AdWords right now. I just created my first campaign and set it on a £5 a day budget. Now I understand the concept of over delivery and reaching £5 x 30.4, however in the single afternoon in which my campaign has been active the cost has already reached £100.47!! This is considerably more than I was expecting and I have had to pause my campaign, as I cannot keep incurring costs at this rate. Can you please help me reduce this charge, ideally I would not have been willing to pay more than £5 + 20% for max a week..

Please help me.

Many thanks in advance

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Greta O,

I am sorry to hear of your unhappy experience with AdWords. Please note that in the future, you do not need to post the same message in multiple places. You should only post one topic, one time and then wait and allow us the chance to reply. 

Further, since we are here to assist with technical issues, you will need to contact AdWords support for more precise help. They can see and access your personal account and we cannot. To reach AdWords Support, please open AdWords and click on the gear icon in the upper right hand corner. There will be a phone number you can call and you will see Help, which will offer other methods to interact with support. 

Kind Regards,

James

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

Were you actually billed that amount in your billing tab, or is that a single days total cost in the campaigns tab?

Tom