AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Why I cannot access client';s adwords account with my MCC login?

N/A
# 1
N/A

Hi!

A client gave an administrative access to her adwords account to my email adress, which I use for MCC. I cannot access her account, because my e-mail is already linked to an adwords account (MCC). It says I should create another google account, which I do not want to do. 

What is practice in such cases? I do not want to create new account everytime a client gives the access.

Thanks for the answer!

Manca

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why I cannot access client';s adwords account with my MCC login?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello ! Welcome to the Community !

Have you followed the steps described here to add your client ID in your MCC interface ?

https://support.google.com/adwords/agency/answer/7732?hl=en

N/A
# 3
N/A
Hi, Adrian!

Thank you for the quick answer.

No, I have not followt that steps. I do not want to link accounts, I would just like to login to her account and set some things. And I wanted to do so with my email adress.

Is it possible somehow?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Google uses your email as a "key" - basically when you log in it knows which account to open for you - either a single account or your MCC. As a result you cannot link more than one account (or MCC) to a single email... it does make sense if you think about it... although it can be frustrating.

It is simple enough to add the client's account to your MCC - I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to do this..... ?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Just like you cannot login with your MCC email to the adwords interface for yourself , you will not be able to access another adwords interface even if you receive invitation. The solution is to have only 1 secondary address that was not registered to any MCC account, only to adwords and you can use it to administer other accounts without the MCC privileges.

I suppose this is the option they used :

invite-other-users-to-adwords.png

N/A
# 6
N/A
@Stickleback
I understand and it is frustrating, indeed.

So linking accounts is the only way for me to check client's adwords account not using her login data? I do not have any particular reason not to link them, but still it would be easier to be able to check with my account with no limitations.

@Adrien
Yes, they followed these steps. OK, so I can login with another emali adress that is not linked to MCC, but is to another (canceled) adwords acoount?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I think you can try to use the email from that canceled adwords account, it is not specified if it would work or not in any help page that I could find. However creating a new email only takes 5 minutes, why not create a new one and use that ?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
In my experience it's hard to link an email to an account that has been linked to another previously - I know you're supposed to be able to do it, but I've never managed it!

Generally, I simply set up a new email and use that if I don't want to add the account to my MCC.

N/A
# 9
N/A
I also think that it is impossible to link an account, linked to another...

It is quite frustrating creating over and over again new accounts. It should be another way, other than linking and a creating new accounts. However, I will choose linking.

Anyway, thank you both for helping! Smiley Happy

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I have successfuly used 1 email address with 6 adwords businesses before learning about the MCC.

So you don't need to get this frustration, just attempt to create one email account and at least TRY to have that user add you as an administrator. You don't even need to have an adwords account connected to that email.

"It is quite frustrating creating over and over again new accounts."