AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Why Estimated Clicks on Keyword Planner Forecast Vary So Much?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Advertiser Community Fans,

I am new to Google Adwords totally but I am trying to learn more from here.

Recently while I am using Keyword Planner > Get click and cost performance forecasts, I find even I set the same Max.CPC and it returns Estimated Clicks in a big gap (clicks from 3.37 to 0.16) after searching the same keyword within short-time intervals. In this case, why the estimated clicks vary so much?

I am not sure which data should I rely on? Or my instable network just cannot fetch a correct data, as I often get a notice something like "We cannot forecast your traffic, please try again later"

Moreover, is this a correct way to forecast a yearly budget for my new Google Adwords campaign?

Looking forward to your response.

Thank you in advance.

Jesse

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why Estimated Clicks on Keyword Planner Forecast Vary So Much?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Jesse,

Are you sure that you have selected the same target locations 2nd time while getting the traffic forecast.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Archit,
Yes, I am sure I have selected the same target location second time while fetching the traffic forecast.

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Estimated click in the traffic forecast also vary with the bid amount and the date range, so have you used the same bid and date range both the times?

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I used the same bid amount and date range while fetching forecast data. And I just tried again, it seems it returns the same data now. By the way, how do you usually calculate a yearly Google Adwords campaign budget?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jesse Signwin
February 2016

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

That good to know.
I personally consider monthly budget for the whole adwords account on the basis of which I determine how much to set for each campaign for most profitable services/products.
Sometimes I use the shared budget for some campaigns(campaigns based on sub-categories) for optimum utilization of the budget amongst different campaigns.

Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks again for your information.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,
Does anyone get this problem again? After refreshing , the number of clicks and impression reduce a lot (from 20 click to 3 clicks) which confuses me a lot. Everything the same (location, negative words, max CPC, data range - monthly forecast) .
Thank you in advance.