AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Who is costly (Search Network or Display Network.)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to Know what is costly - Search Network or the Display Network.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Who is costly (Search Network or Display Network.)

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Aadil S,
Many AdWords expert in this community suggest that if you have low budget then you should select Search Network not Display Network. I presume advertising on display network will charge you more in comparison to search network.

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
When looking at any form of advertising the truth is that what it costs is not the important figure. Instead the important number to watch is the return it gives.

Is it better to pay $5 for a click or 5 cents?

Let me rephrase the question......

Is it better to pay $5 a click and get $10 back per click or spend 5 cents a click and get back 4?

The cost is relative - and the same is true of the two networks. Because of the competition, the costs of advertising on the display network is steadily rising, and, in general it is harder to generate a good return on GDN traffic, but that doesn't mean you should spend all your budget on search. Instead you should test to see what returns you can generate and then allocate most (or most, or all) of your budget to those areas that offer the highest return.

I know the temptation is massive, but try not to think about what the clicks cost. Try to focus on what the conversions cost.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello Aadil,

There is no definite answer to what you have asked Smiley Happy

Both networks (Search and Display) have their own importance and work in a different manner.

To follow with Steve, ideally you should experiment with both networks. In search, you will see direct impact because users are constantly looking for their resolution and need immediate result.

In case of Display network, the audiences doesn't behave in the same manner as in Search, but they are constantly looking for the right information browsing all sorts of sites on Google Display Network and an eye catching ad might attract them and force them to take action and visit the website for further actions. Display Network also improves your branding online.

My small opinion would be invest wisely. You can start with smaller budget on Search network with focus on only exact match type keywords and see how it goes. Also start a small budget campaign on Display Network to see how it performs from ROI perspective.

My Thoughts!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hey there Aadil,

In my experience the display network has been significantly less expensive than the search network. Even if you're not making a lot of money on each click you are getting your brand out there, which is really up to you to decide how valuable that is

Hope that helps Smiley Happy