AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Who exactly are seeing and clicking my ads?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok.. So I run a bridal shop and I want only people within a 30 mile radius to be seeing and clicking my ads.. I set up Adwords Express and like the way you can set up sponsored listings without having to research all the phrases etc etc.. Now Google appear to have done a great job here, I am at the top for all of the phrases I want to be followed by a town or village name within the 30 mile radius.. However, I have noticed I am also top of the page for phrases like 'wedding dresses for sale' but my friend who lives well outside this area doesn't see the ad... Is this right?.. Am I only seeing my ad at the top because I am searching within the area.. even without typing that area into the phrase? I just don't want people miles away from me to be clicking on these for obvious reasons..

Second question... One of the phrases I appear always under a competitors... I know with normal Adwords I just pay more to go above them, but how does this work with Express?.. Can I add more pennies to certain phrases any way?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author 1812
September 2015

Re: Who exactly are seeing and clicking my ads?

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Express is all automated, so your adrank depends more on your monthly budget with express than a standard adwords account. If you have more budget for the month, then you can afford the same amount of traffic at a higher position - As an over-simplification of things. Smiley Happy 

Adwords express is tied to your google local places account. So no, your friend outside the area shouldn't be seeing your ads. You shouldn't have to worry about people outside of your target market seeing your ads either though, if that's a concern.

You can't bid higher for specific terms using express, you can only do that with a standard adwords account. But, being on top isn't all there is to online advertising, and isn't always the "best". Smiley Happy How's business? Has it improved since you started using adwords express? Is your current advertising budget managable from a financial standpoint? If so, try sticking with what you have going now for a little while longer, keep learning about online advertising, and take things one step at a time. Smiley Happy

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you very much.. it's what I wanted to hear.. Yes it's been ok, for the budget it's not bad.. Although I find the shift from generating good leads has recently moved from Google to Facebook ;-)

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

That does present another opportunity to adwords express.

If the majority of your customer engagement is coming from social media, keep up with the google+ stuff as well. +1's, google reviews, it all helps with local search. Especially google+ local reviews, because the stars from those review ratings only show with express ads (not standard adwords ads). Sounds like you may be the ideal type of business for adwords express!

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yeah have been keeping up to date with Google+ too.. Definitely a way forward. Thank you :-)