1.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Which report shoud l i look into to evaluate a specific ad performance

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I have a question if I where to run three different ads, one for the display network (image ad) one for the search only and a video discovery ad. is there a specific report to evaluate the performance of each specific ad. like the default reports are somewhat general... keywords, geography etc. i was wondering if there was something more specific tailored towards each type of advertising network (search, display, video) and not something so general

also what specific dimension should i look into per ad type 

I was also wondering if i can  include the word "click" or "click here" in a display network ad. i know its forbidden in the search network but im not to sure if its permited in the display network i think it is ...not sure

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Which report shoud l i look into to evaluate a specific ad performance

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Alejandra Paola G,

Is there something in particular that you'd like to evaluate?

I'm not sure whether you've seen it, but most areas of the account allow you to segment the data via the Segment drop-down menu. From here you can check data involving time, networks, devices, ad position comparisons, etc.

In addition to that, the Dimensions tab also offers a fair amount of extra information. 

If you're more interested in seeing how visitors (who come from your ads) interact with your website, then you'll need to get more involved with Google Analytics; this can provide some very valuable data.

If you can let us know what you'd like specifically then we can help you find it! Smiley Happy

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Which report shoud l i look into to evaluate a specific ad performance

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

well with yoiutube I would want to know how many views/subscribers did I gain

With the image ad im using the vCPM strategy so apart  from the obvious ctr, vCPM average vCPM etc I was wodering if there was something more in  depth

same goes for the CPC campain