AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Which one is cheaper "Broad Match/Exact Match/Phrase Match "?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Some times am seing that broadmatch is cheaper & sometimes exact mach ... what should i chose & when ??

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sourav G
September 2015

Re: Which one is cheaper "Broad Match/Exact Match/Phrase Match &a

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 19
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Sourav

I would like to add one point here, which match type is cheaper it depends on the competition for that search term and your QS of the keyword which is triggering it. For e.g. if you have a keyword "formal shoes" in exact match as well match in broad match then, it may be possible that you may see a lower a avg. cpc for Broad match keyword because exact match keyword will trigger only search terms "formal shoes" or it miss-spelling etc. but broad match keyword will trigger many search terms like black formal shoes, brown formal shoes which may have lower competition so lower cost per click which will result in lower avg. cpc for Broad match keyword.

My views.

Abhishek

View solution in original post

Re: Which one is cheaper "Broad Match/Exact Match/Phrase Match &q

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Sourav G.

That depends on the competition for a particular match type and competition is a forever changing variable. There is no fixed rule about CPC estimates and match types.

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Sourav

in the keywords you can't categorize saying this method is cheaper than other one, Bids for the keywords being set by the user

However your quality score can change according to the match type, Usually your quality score gets higher when you have more relevant keywords, Its same with matching options.

Even though it's not direct you can make changes to bid value by changing the match type accordingly.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank You

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank You

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Most advertisers would bid the highest on "exact match" and the lowest on "broad match".
This discussion from yesterday covers the topic;
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Performance-Optimization/Question-about-broad-match/m-p/3395...
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

The interesting thing is that quality score is the same for all match types for a keyword.

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Online-Marketing-Courses-MOOCs/Uncovering-Quality-Score/td-p...

"Only exact match keyword data on Google Search is used to determine a keyword’s quality score. "

Also read from message 13 some useful explanations.

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star

Hi Adrian

Sorry I'm bit confused, In so many times I have seen when I Change the match type I can see changes in my quality score.

Please see the below images

With Broad Match

WIth Broad Match.jpg

With Exact Match

2.JPG

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I have rarely seen different QS for the same keyword, different match types.

Only when the same keyword was in 2 different campaigns with 2 diffrent match types and that only temporary , in the next day the QS became the same for the 2 match types of the same keyword.

Maybe some more experienced users can help us understand if the QS should be the same for all match types or if this is obsolete information.

Rising Star
# 10
Rising Star
Yeah in some cases I have seen in the next day QS changed to same number. But I remember I've been seeing these kind of scenarios on some keywords.

Thanks for the reply. Will see others experience on this too Smiley Happy