# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I want to know which type of campaign should i create for remarketing:

1.) Search

2.) Display

3.) Search & display

to get maximum ROI.

Secondly i want to know which type of targeting i should choose keyword vs placement?

Thirdly what is the difference b/w "Branding campaign" and "Direct response" campaign type, Which one i should create and why?

Regards,

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remarketing campaign type for search campaigns

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mary,

If you are talking about Remarketing Lists for Search Ads i.e. RLSA, then you should be creating search type campaign or you could make the changes to your existing Search network only campaign and add the relevant audiences to show tailored ads to those people who have already visited your site.

Find more details here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2701222?hl=en

Since you are referring to RLSA, which is an advanced version inside Search network campaign, so ideally you should be adding keywords here to reach the audiences.

About the last part, I would say that Branding campaign (according to me) refers to the Brand engagement where you would like to increase the brand name and highlight it in front of online users, rather than looking to generate revenue or leads for your business.

Direct response would mean that you are looking to drive users who visit your site and give you immediate response in terms of leads, sales or any newsletter sign up depending upon what your business goal is. You can achieve this using Display Network, but as per my experience, the time frame would be more as campared to Search Network, where users can respond immediately with making a phone call or filling up the form etc...

My Thoughts!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mary R
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Mary,
To add to Pankaj's excellent answer -
Q: "what is the difference b/w "Branding campaign" and "Direct response" campaign type, Which one i should create and why?" -- A Branding Campaign is traditionally a Campaign that you use to increase your Brand Awareness. Typically it's less about an immediate ROI, or immediate response from the consumer, and more about building your Brand equity and awareness over time. Direct Response Campaigns are typically Campaigns where advertisers focus on an immediate reaction (such as a purchase) from a consumer. Hard to say which one you should use without knowing your business and your business goals. If you're trying to build your Brand and build your awareness of your Brand and website steadily over time, then you probably want to do a Branding Campaign. If you focus on an immediate conversion by your consumers, you're probably looking for a Direct Response. Via AdWords you can set up both and you could even have two separate Campaigns, with different Keywords, live at the same time.

Q: "which type of campaign should i create for remarketing?"--Again, this will depend on your business goals, but I suggest you use RLSA and Display Remarketing in order to increase your reach and cast a wide net around potential new customers.

Q: "which type of targeting i should choose keyword vs placement?"--Again, this will largely depend on your business goals and what you're trying to achieve via AdWords. I typically find the most success for Direct Response Campaigns when using Keywords.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mary R
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

One point to add about RLSA is that though it is "presented" as a search version, it is in a sense a version of the display: users have to visit the site before ads could be shown;

For convenience, I would create it as separate campaigns;

And lastly; note the users listed for RLSA are non-logged in users, and most users - these days- browsing / surfing while logged in....

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks everyone, I got my answer!