AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Which Search Engine to choose while doing Keyword Research in Google Keyword Planner?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My question is while doing keyword research in google keyword planner for USA region should I select only Google as Search Engine or I should use Google & other Search Partners in Keyword Planner? Which one is more authentic? Since the result of the search volume for each segment (Google vs. Google & other Search) varies significantly which one should i choose and how will it effect my SEO?Does it also have any effect in Google crawling?If yes, how and why? Please share your views on this.Thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Which Search Engine to choose while doing Keyword Research in Google Keyword Planner?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi,

It depends on the reason you're doing the keyword research. If you're only doing it for SEO purposes, I recommend choosing only Google as the search engine in Keyword Planner. The amount of search volume on Search Partner websites won't really affect you for SEO purposes.

If you're doing keyword research for AdWords campaigns, select whichever option is consistent with the way you'll run your campaigns. If you intend to target the Search Partners network with your campaigns (which I recommend), then it makes sense to include them in your keyword research.

I hope that helps!

John