3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Which Ad Group run First

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i create 2 ads with same name and keywords but different campaign and different bid which one run and why?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Which Ad Group run First

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Here you are a help article on the topic; Look at the table; under the column: "what it does"

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/112876?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
I think Vikas is talking about a duplicated campaign though, I have to admit I can't remember what happens in that situation. I imagine that one campaign will get impressions before the other and then be prioritised?

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@ScottyD 

I  assumed it was a typo in his question,... Smiley Surprised

In any case, if the campaigns are duplicated, only one keyword will trigger the ad (in one of the campaigns).

Let's assume that  a keyword in campaign A wins the auction, and triggers an ad.  The ad (from  campaign A) which will  appear is the one as explained   in the link.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Thanks for clarifying Moshe, I'm slowly waking up Smiley Happy

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Vikas S,

The keyword with the highest AdRank will get the impression. All other things equal, keywords in each campaign will likely get the same initial QS, so the campaign with the higher bid will get the impressions.

If you want to see the difference in response between the two campaigns, you might set one up as an experiment. Then you will get more even distribution of impressions.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords