AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Where to Start (I) - Before you begin with AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

help!!!! I am new to this. I have a domain & host. Adwords?

2 Expert replyverified_user

ad words

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am new to this. I am setting up a web site. I have a domain & host. I am told I need ad words & need to get rated on google for success

Where to Start (I) - Before you begin with AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I need help!!!! I am setting up a web site. I have my domain & host. I am told I need adwords & get ranked on google to be successful

Re: Where to Start (I) - Before you begin with AdWords

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Is someone trying to sell you something? Smiley Happy

If you want to have a website on the internet, you can do that. There's absolutely no requirement to pay for ads unless you're planning to advertise a business or something--unless you're looking for customers. Your website can get ranked and show up on the search engine search results pages without ads.

If that doesn't help, maybe you could post more specifically what your question is?

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Re: ad words

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Please post your questions only once.

Theresa
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, Theresa!
How do I get the adwords & get ranked on Google? I apologize I don't have a Google or Twitter account yet.
Tina

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi Tina,

As You want to promote your website Through Adwords, So you need to create an Adwords account by using your existing gmail/Other ID.

It is a vey simple steps.

Please use the following links to setup the adwords account.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704354?hl=en
During account creation process you are asked to select to choose Currency and Time Zone.

So select the Time zone and Currency as per your understandings.

Once you create the account you can create your Adwords campaigns.

Follow the below link to get help of first campaigns creation.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704395?hl=en

If you face problem please post you query on forum

Best of luck!

Rakesh

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star

There are two ways to have your website appear on the Search Results Page (SERPs).  One is by paying for ads through Pay Per Click (PPC). The other is by getting your website 'ranked' high enough for it to appear on page 1 of the organic search results and is called SEO.

I would suggest that you go to your favorite search engine an search for "PPC vs SEO" and you'll find dozens of good articles discussing how to decide which approach is best for your situation.

Theresa
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*