3.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Where do i get a adwords editor bulk sheet

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I normally create campaigns in adwords editor, but i have a client that wants me to send them a bulk sheet instead for them to approve before i create the account in adwords editor. Where can i get a blank bulk sheet from that shows you exactly where to put keywords etc and how many spaces you need to leave before putting in ad groups etc?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Where do i get a adwords editor bulk sheet

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Creative, welcome to the community!

There are two options-
1. Send the campaign information in adwords editor friendly format
2. Or create a simpl template for approval and then use the editor temnplate to upload data in editor.

Option 1:
If you already have the some of the campaigns in adwords editor, then you can download any campaigns from editor and use it as a template.
File > Export spreadsheet (CSV) > Export selected campaigns and ad groups
You can use this downloaded template structure to create the new campaign in the excel sheet.

This file has editor friendly data format and client may like to want it quite in understandable format for approval.
Above file will help you to import the campaigns in adwords editor.

Option 2:
So you may create simple 2 worksheets in excel file for approval as shown below.

adwords_format.jpg
You can use extra columns to validate the length of the ad text (highlighted red in image) and delete it before sending it to client. Or you can use conditional formatting to highlight the data with invalid length.
Once the content is approved, you can use the template format to upload the same data.

Hope this helps!

SJ

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Creative, I have nothing to add to SJAdwiser's thorough reply but I am interested in the relationship you describe.  Are you prepared to let us know the nature of the "approval" that the client insists upon?  I'm just intrigued (well, nosey is probably a better word) about a situation where the client is knowledgeable enough to approve the work of an expert manager... 

J

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Good morning.

Although you've already received good advice, I thought I'd add another suggestion. If you're accustomed to creating campaigns in AdWords Editor, you could go ahead and do that anyhow. Then you can export the file, clean it up (if you want), and email the .csv to the client.

(I'm with Jon in being nosy--I'd personally think twice about taking on a client who was micro-managing the process before the campaigns even went live.)

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Where do i get a adwords editor bulk sheet

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have to disagree. I work in a very technical market and every PPC manager we have used does not have any experience in spectroscopy and scientific optical equipment. The last campaign I trusted an expert to configure included dozens of keywords that were related to eyeglasses and residential light fixtures- not to anything related to the target market. Since I also have a masters in marketing communication which focused on digital marketing, have run campaigns as an account manager for agency work in the past, have Google AdWords certification, and known my company's market better than any PPC manager, I think I am perfectly qualified to assess a whether a campaign is in line with my goals. And I would cross both you and Theresa off my list of vendors if I learned that was your opinion of me as your customer. Anyone can hang out a shingle as a PPC manager, and I have seen enough crazy messes caused by some alleged "experts" that I won't work with a vendor that thinks they know it all and can't accept oversight. The thought of letting anyone take a campaign live without looking at it first is laughable.