5.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Where do I start?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to sell vinyl records on the internet, how "Adwords" help and what do I do first?

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Where do I start?

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

As a new advertiser to Google adwords you ask very good question. For your first question How adwords help your business my thoughts are: Google adwords show the right ads to right customer at right time. Means you can reach all those user or customers who are searching for your product for example "vinyl records" in Google and Google will charge you only when user clicks on your ads, means Google will charge you only when user clicks on your ads. Beside this other benefits are:

• You can set and change daily budget for your campaign and you can pause your campaign at any time.
  • You can check which keywords and ad text user are clicking, from which region you are getting clicks and impression
  • You can set conversion tracking which will tell how many conversions (sales, leads) you got through Google adwords 

Before advertising your product in Google adwords you should have good understanding of Google adwords and how it' work. I''ll usggest you to spend some time in learing how Google adwords work, what are the basic functionality of Google adwords and how you can optimize your account. When you will get confident enough to run your ads in Google adwords then only start advertisng on Google adwords and for any kind of adwords help please feel free to post your question in our community..

Below are the some links which I'll suggest you to read/watch:

Dinesh
My Blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Guys,

Thanks to Shweta and Dinesh for their excellent replies and the time input. Actually vinyl records used to be popular in the period 1960-1990 if I recall correctly. This translates the OP will be likely unable to market them on the Google Search Network. Chances are his best option would be to find highly relevant sites (websites, forums etc.) by means of the Placement Tool, define them as his managed placements on the Display Network and attack them by a well written, highly relevant ad. In case he can be compliant remarketing could be an additional feature to be applied.

Best,

Lakatos

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

As a new advertiser to Google adwords you ask very good question. For your first question How adwords help your business my thoughts are: Google adwords show the right ads to right customer at right time. Means you can reach all those user or customers who are searching for your product for example "vinyl records" in Google and Google will charge you only when user clicks on your ads, means Google will charge you only when user clicks on your ads. Beside this other benefits are:

• You can set and change daily budget for your campaign and you can pause your campaign at any time.
  • You can check which keywords and ad text user are clicking, from which region you are getting clicks and impression
  • You can set conversion tracking which will tell how many conversions (sales, leads) you got through Google adwords 

Before advertising your product in Google adwords you should have good understanding of Google adwords and how it' work. I''ll usggest you to spend some time in learing how Google adwords work, what are the basic functionality of Google adwords and how you can optimize your account. When you will get confident enough to run your ads in Google adwords then only start advertisng on Google adwords and for any kind of adwords help please feel free to post your question in our community..

Below are the some links which I'll suggest you to read/watch:

Dinesh
My Blog

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hey V_Tapier_323,

AdWords is a platform used for promoting business like yours all across the world.

Benifits of AdWords include:

- you can spend exactly how much you want

- you can control your spends on profitable products

- You can showcase your promotions/offers in ad copies

- You can select the geographic region you wish to target

- You can choose to advertise in that local language too

- You can remarket to people who have come to your site but not purchased your product

- You can choose what days and what time your ad should be seen

- You can track how many people bought which product and also what you spent on on getting that customer to your site

You need to first create an AdWords Account & set up your billing information

You will need to identify keywords that you want to show your ads for. the Google Keyword Tool will help you do this. Here are some other advanced tips. Be sure to use keyword match types!

Once you have your keywords ready, you need to group them into adgroups and campaigns(this is your account structure). then write ads for each group of keywords and identify a page that you want to take those users to.

Set your campaign level budgets and keyword bids.. and you are all set! Smiley Happy

All the best!

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Guys,

Thanks to Shweta and Dinesh for their excellent replies and the time input. Actually vinyl records used to be popular in the period 1960-1990 if I recall correctly. This translates the OP will be likely unable to market them on the Google Search Network. Chances are his best option would be to find highly relevant sites (websites, forums etc.) by means of the Placement Tool, define them as his managed placements on the Display Network and attack them by a well written, highly relevant ad. In case he can be compliant remarketing could be an additional feature to be applied.

Best,

Lakatos

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I agree with Lakatos..

Vinyl records are a "cult" and are famous among a limited group of admirers..The Display netowork would be a good place to start the marketing endeavor and target sites which have the presence of this group of people..

You can start researching more about advertising on the google display network by visiting the adwords help article

There is a bit of reading and understanding to be done before you start but I am sure it would be worth an effort.