AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Where do I set up the keywords for an ad?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The set up is a bit confusing, I try to set up the keywords for my ad but not sure if I do it correctly.

Where do I set up the keywords for an ad, is it in keyword planner or campaign/ad keyword?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Zita R
September 2015

Re: Where do I set up the keywords for an ad?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Zita, 

Welcome to AdWords Community.

To add keywords, click Campaigns at the top navigation. In the left sidebar click your campaign name and now click your ad group name. Next, go to Keywords Tab in the main dashboard area and hit the big red button that says +Keywords. Add your keywords and hit save. 

You can also add keywords from your Keyword Planner Dashboard. Once you have researched your keywords and have added them to review list, click the 'Save To Account' at the top right corner of the screen. Now select your campaign > ad group. Hit Save and you are done.  

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Zita,

From your AdWords account you will first need to create a campaign. Once this is created you then need to create an ad group and from here you will be prompted to create an ad and also include keywords towards the bottom of the page. It's possible to include keywords from the keyword planner but it's slightly more technical so I'd recommend working directly in the AdWords interface for now.

Before jumping into AdWords I'd strongly suggest looking through the Help Centre however. While it can be a valuable asset for your marketing pursuits, it can also quickly exhaust budget if an advertiser lacks knowledge about the platform. A good place to start on that Help Centre is the Setup and basics section as it will cover what I've briefly mentioned here.

Feel free to keep the questions coming so that we can help you.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Zita R
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Zita, 

Welcome to AdWords Community.

To add keywords, click Campaigns at the top navigation. In the left sidebar click your campaign name and now click your ad group name. Next, go to Keywords Tab in the main dashboard area and hit the big red button that says +Keywords. Add your keywords and hit save. 

You can also add keywords from your Keyword Planner Dashboard. Once you have researched your keywords and have added them to review list, click the 'Save To Account' at the top right corner of the screen. Now select your campaign > ad group. Hit Save and you are done.  

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.