AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Where do I check if my ads are relevant to my keywords and the website?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
November 2016

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Google's best shot at automating this is embodied in a number they calculate called the "Quality Score".  On the keywords tab, you can add it as a column so you will be able to see what Google thinks, quality score is rated on a basis from 1 to 10 (10 being the most relevant). 

Google has a proprietary algorithm which is about half the weight of the score.  Ad viewers react to the ad and the landing page, setting the click thru rate in the process.  CTR is roughly half of the quality score calculation because it is a proxy for how relevant ad viewers find it. 

The dictionary defines "relevance" as: "... being related to the matter at hand".  So your ad copy and landing page copy needs to be related to the keyword, either literally as words or in meaning. 

Here is what Google has to say about it, in concise form:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/14089?hl=en

hth!

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
November 2016

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Google's best shot at automating this is embodied in a number they calculate called the "Quality Score".  On the keywords tab, you can add it as a column so you will be able to see what Google thinks, quality score is rated on a basis from 1 to 10 (10 being the most relevant). 

Google has a proprietary algorithm which is about half the weight of the score.  Ad viewers react to the ad and the landing page, setting the click thru rate in the process.  CTR is roughly half of the quality score calculation because it is a proxy for how relevant ad viewers find it. 

The dictionary defines "relevance" as: "... being related to the matter at hand".  So your ad copy and landing page copy needs to be related to the keyword, either literally as words or in meaning. 

Here is what Google has to say about it, in concise form:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/14089?hl=en

hth!

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

If you are just trying to see your ads after creating your first account, you can view your ads in the ads tab. Ads are the "lowest" level of the account, and are added or edited at the adgroup level.

Account

Campaign

Adgroup

Tom

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Hemanth,

Check for quality score column in keyword tab. if you check bubble of that you can check ad relevancy colum

Regards,

Manish