AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Where do I begin? do I need professionals to help me?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a seasonal Christmas tree business and a brand new website I want to promote.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hello @Greg W,

You can visit This Link and enter your preferred location, business details and your website address which will provide you a list of Google Partners located in your preferred location.

Then you can directly choose and contact any Google partner's organization directly.

Thanks,

Manikandan G.

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Do you need professional assistance... Maybe. The most important thing to keep in mind if you want to try experimenting with AdWords is to make sure you have a budget that you can afford to experiment with over time. Could you afford to "lose", say $10/day for 90 days to try and give yourself some time to figure things out?

AdWords is an advertising program, not a get rich quick scheme. Smiley Happy If the business and website is brand new, it may take some time to find success. In your case, it could be a few seasons before you find what works for you - In regards to the advertising.

Make sure you take the time to claim/setup a Google local my business account. As well as any other local listings you have available (Yelp, etc.). Having social media accounts for the business wouldn't hurt either. Try to cover all your bases with the free properties as soon as you can, so you have some foundation to build on come the holidays.

Tom

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Greg!

Love that you're taking initiative to get up and running with AdWords! I think getting online is a wonderful step to spreading the Christmas spirit🎅🏻🎄. 

In terms of whether or not to get professional help, you have a few options. First, you can try and learn AdWords yourself. It seems a bit overwhelming in the beginning, but once you get it set up it's mostly maintenance, and it's free! <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

If you are looking for professional help, just be careful who you go with. A lot of agencies and freelancers will promise you incredible results in a short period of time. Unless you know somebody who has used them before or find credible reviews I'd say shy away from anyone boasting results that seem impossible. Because they are.  

If you want to send me a link to your website I might be able to give you some more tips. Often times it depends on how much your ad-spend is and how many conversions you're looking to get. Feel free to shoot me any questions <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines. Please do not post self-promotional links or ask users to contact you outside of the forums.

Re: Where do I begin? do I need professionals to help me?

Top Contributor Alumni
# 5
Top Contributor Alumni

Just to add my $0.02 to the discussion.

First, @Taylor F is incorrect. It is not free to advertise on AdWords. (I believe he meant to say that if you learn the system yourself, you won't have to pay someone else to manage it.)

Second, for a very local business like yours, you might consider using AdWords Express instead of the full AdWords program. There's much less to learn and manage with the Express platform--the software does almost everything for you. You simply enter your business (and billing) information and select the radius for your ad serving, then write an ad. After that, the most important thing you need to do is to keep an eye on your ad and make sure you're getting plenty of clicks. If you aren't--try different ad text.

Hope that helps!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*