AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

Where do I accept the new Terms & Conditions as per Google's email?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I just received an email from Google that I must accept new AdWords Terms & Conditions.

However, I don't see any place to do this and I wasn't taken to such place automatically after signing in to my account - as the email claims.

The email also threatens that the account can be suspended if the terms & Conditions are not accepted.

Any ideas where to accept them - or if I should pay any attention to this at all?

Thanks,

Leo

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Where do I accept the new Terms & Conditions as per Google's e

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Leo,

I am not aware of any new Terms and Conditions. I did not recieve any such notice. Don't click on any links!

Do not enter your password if you've already clicked. Change your password if you've already entered one on that page.

It's most likely a phishing scam. If the notice were from Google, there will be a message when you log into your AdWords account.

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 3
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi Zevrix,

Could you please copy/paste the content of the email include the email address the email was sent from?

Thanks,
Zee
G+

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 4
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zevrix,

The official email contained a link to the AdWords account. If you don't see the link, please sign in to your account at http://adwords.google.com and accept our updated terms and conditions. If you prefer not to continue your AdWords advertising under our new terms and conditions, select “Decline.” If you decline, keep in mind that the campaigns in your account will be paused and you won’t be able to run new campaigns. If you change your mind at a later date, you can resume advertising by signing in to your account and accepting the terms and conditions.

Thank you!

Zee
G+

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Zee,

Sorry it took so long... I didn't get any email notifications for some reason.

The email from Google seems to be legit, I included it below.

When I signed in to my AdWords account, as suggested in the email, I was not asked to accept any terms & conditions (tried it twice).

I also don't see any separate link to accept the terms in my account.

Hence my question: how to accept the new terms & conditions?

Thanks for any help!

We’re always improving the AdWords Program for our advertisers. As part of that, we’ve updated the contractual terms that govern the relationship between advertisers and Google. What you need to do To continue advertising with AdWords, you’ll need to accept these updated terms within 45 days. If you don’t accept the terms, your campaigns may be paused until you accept them. To keep your AdWords services running, we recommend reviewing and accepting the terms within your AdWords account as soon as possible. Where to find the terms and conditions When you sign in to your AdWords account, you’ll automatically be taken to a page with the updated terms and conditions. You can also find them at www.google.com/ads/terms. To view our previous terms and conditions, visit: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2705924. Changes to terms and conditions One of the main changes you’ll notice in the updated terms is that they accommodate new advertising products and services. For example, we now offer third-party ad serving in some situations, so you’ll see provisions about how we resolve ad serving disputes. Other changes include allowing AdWords users to accept the terms by email, updated links to our policies, and better consistency among our advertising terms globally. Questions? We encourage you to read through the updated terms carefully, since there are quite a few changes. As with any legal document, you might want to consider consulting an attorney if you have legal questions. To prevent a legal conflict of interest, Google can’t provide this legal interpretation for you. Keep in mind that if you decline the updated terms, your ad serving will be paused. We know our advertisers are busy, so we appreciate you taking the time to review our updated terms! © 2012 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043 You've received this mandatory service announcement email to update you about important changes to your AdWords account.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
As mentioned they updated the terms and conditions and you have to accept them in the Adwords UI in some countries.

When you accept that, you can of course read it before and refer the inside adwords blog for the important snippets of the changes.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

FWIW they never say "some countries" anywhere.

But anyway, as I mentioned, I don't see anything in the "Adwords UI" that would allow to accept any terms & conditions - and I'm not taken automatically to any such page, contrary to what the email claims.

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 8
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi zevrix,

Thanks for posting back. Yes, this is an official email contained a link to the AdWords account. Please sign in to your account at http://adwords.google.com and accept our updated terms and conditions. If you can't see the T&C, it would be best to call the AdWords Support who can check your account directly with you.

Here is the official blog post announcement. The changes of the T&C apply to customers in all countries and territories in North America, the Caribbean, and Latin America except Mexico, Argentina, and Brazil.

Best,

Zee
G+
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author zevrix
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi zevrix, you're not alone, it does seem that it's not as "automatic" as it might be for some people.  Try this:

Log into your AdWords Account then go to the Billing Tab.  Do you see a red message bar at the top of the screen?  If you do, this could be the link to the new Ts & Cs...

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Cobnut,

Yes I just found it - just a few moments before you posted!

Thanks Zee - your last message made me go through my account again and discover the thing.

Leo